The price of Bitcoin and a variety of digital currencies saw some significant gains on Christmas Day. Bitcoin hit another all-time high at $ 24,662 per coin, while many other crypto assets rebounded from the previous day’s slump.
- On December 25, 2020, Bitcoin (BTC) hit an all-time high (ATH) of $ 24,662 per coin, after falling to a low of $ 22,879 on December 23. BTC is up over 3.7% today, over 28% in the last 30 days and 124% for the last 90 days. At the time of publication, BTC is trading between $ 24,150 and $ 24,350 per coin.
- The total market capitalization of all more than 7,500 existing digital currencies is 637 billion US dollars as of Friday. Today’s dominance index of Bitcoin (BTC) from the aggregated market valuation is 68%.
- Ethereum is still down more than 4% in the past seven days and is currently trading $ 618 per ether. However, ETH has increased 8% in the last 30 days, and 90 day statistics show that ether is 73%. Ethereum has a market cap of $ 69 billion at the time of publication. XRP has risen since the big drop the other day, after losing nearly 40% in value.
- XRP trades for $ 0.31 per unit and is up 19% in the past 24 hours. However, the XRP is down over 42% in the last seven days, 59% in the 30 days, but the token is still up 37% in the 90 days.
- When the US Securities and Exchange Commission announced that it was suing Ripple and the two top executives, the crypto asset XRP lost significant value. Platforms like OSL, Crosstower, Beaxy, Bitwise, Galaxy Digital and Jump Trading have dropped the token.
- On Christmas Day, the Bitstamp exchange announced that it would delist XRP in the US on January 8, 2021. “Other countries are not affected,” said Bitstamp.
- Litecoin (LTC) is up 13% today and each token is trading for $ 120 per LTC. Litecoin is up 10% in the last seven days, 48% in the 30 days, and 162% in the last 90 days.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) is being traded for $ 309 per coin, and the crypto-asset is up over 8% today. BCH is up 39% in the past 90 days but is down 23% in 30 days and 1% over the course of the week.
Bitcoin (BTC) hit an all-time high on Christmas Day, December 25, 2020.
- Today’s top Christmas Day winners include coins such as Stakenet (XSN), Refereum (RFR) and XRP. The biggest losers on December 25, 2020 are Golem (GNT), Trueflip (TFL) and Crypterium (CRPT).
What do you think of today’s action in the crypto market? Let us know what you think on this matter in the comments section below.
Tags in this story
$ 24662, all time high, ATH, BCH, Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Cash, BitStamp, Christmas Day, ETH, Ethereum, Gainer, Litecoin, Loser, LTC, Markets, Prices, SEC, XRP
Photo credit: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons
Disclaimer of liability: This article is for informational purposes only. It is not a direct offer or an invitation to make an offer to buy or sell, or a recommendation or approval of products, services or companies. Bitcoin.com does not provide investment, tax, legal, or accounting advice. Neither the company nor the author are directly or indirectly responsible for any damage or loss caused or allegedly caused by or in connection with the use or reliance on the content, goods or services referred to in this article.