Survey Unveils 72% of US Accredited Investors Are Planning to Invest in Defi in 2021 – Finance Bitcoin News

0
86

A new poll revealed the latest trend among accredited investors in the US targeting the decentralized financial (Defi) industry. The study shows that a large majority of them will likely invest in defi this year.

70% of those surveyed have already invested in Bitcoin

According to Xangle, who surveyed 379 accredited investors, 67% of them have knowledge of defi. Overall, these respondents said they had developed significant interest in the cryptocurrency industry over the past year.

The higher level of interest, however, goes beyond the respondents, as 72.2% of them stated that they were “very likely to invest in defi” in the next 12 months.

According to the study, only 17.5% of the surveyed accredited investors are of the opinion that they “have a certain probability of investing”.

Additionally, the crypto asset disclosure platform found that respondents are investing more now than they were before the coronavirus pandemic. According to the numbers, 70% of the surveyed US-accredited investors have invested in Bitcoin (BTC).

Xangle added:

Investors surveyed see Bitcoin as a store of value that generates high returns either through short-term investments or through buying and holding.

Still, respondents believe that the crypto industry, including defi, lacks regulation regarding consumer protection. According to the study, 78% of them think that “regulators need to protect investors more”.

The survey continued:

Respondents believed that due to a lack of regulatory protection, fraud, and a lack of awareness and education in the industry, investors are being turned away from crypto.

Bitcoin Remains “Top Choice For Future Returns”

Although interest in investing in defi is widespread, the survey concluded that Bitcoin remains the first choice for “future returns.”

Xangle explains that if accredited investors had to invest $ 100,000 but left it for four years, “31.7% would choose Bitcoin, while 29% would use blue-chip stocks as a better investment.”

Commenting on the poll, Lihan Lee, co-founder of Xangle, said:

The survey results confirmed our belief that accredited investors are very excited about investing in crypto assets but are being held back due to a lack of regulatory protection, fraud, and a lack of awareness and education in the industry. It is extremely important for the entire industry to provide this new wave of investors with everything they need to have a positive experience and keep investing.

Xangle followed the following guidelines to determine who qualified as an “Accredited Investor” for the survey:

Our 379 respondents are considered accredited investors who are able to trade unregistered securities such as cryptocurrencies. Under Rule 501 of the SEC, they must have a minimum income of $ 200,000 for individuals – that was 71% of our respondents – or $ 300,000 for joint income, which is the remaining 29% of our respondents.

What do you think of the poll? Let us know in the comments below.

Photo credit: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons

Disclaimer of liability: This article is for informational purposes only. It is not a direct offer or an invitation to submit an offer to buy or sell, or a recommendation or approval of products, services or companies. Bitcoin.com does not provide investment, tax, legal, or accounting advice. Neither the company nor the author are directly or indirectly responsible for any damage or loss caused or allegedly caused by or in connection with the use or reliance on any content, goods or services mentioned in this article.